Not Everyone Sold on a Female Winning American Idol
The ladies have been shining brightly this week on Season 12 of American Idol. The top 10 guys and girls have been announced and the females have stolen the show to this point. Jordin Sparks, of season 6, was the last female to win American Idol. The last five seasons have been won by males who also happened to play guitar (David Cook, Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze, Scotty McCreery and Phillip Phillips) so the ladies are ready to change that this year.
Many fans of the show are happy for the shift in power this year to help keep the show fresh. It does bring up the question to be asked though, was the talent stacked in favor of the women by the producers this year or did the women's talent just show up to the auditions more this year? If you look back at Idol past, the most successful winners have been Kelly Clarkson (Season 1) and Carrie Underwood (Season 4). The favorites of this season so far are female singers, Kree Harrison, Candice Glover and Angela Miller who have all given memorable performances to date.
Like Us on Facebook
Burnell Taylor, of the male top 10 contestants, has a different view on things. He shares with MTV, "I love the girls, I have a best friend on the girls side, but [they're] nowhere near the boys competition." Taylor continued, "I love them, really, but it's a boy's year ... again." He goes on to state that he has a best friend in the girls top 10 and it is clear he is just adding some banter for fun. However, in Taylor's defense, of course he is going to say that a guy will win because if nothing else he wants to win. No shame in that. Everyone will have to stay tuned to American Idol to see who ends up on top.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK