Building 429’s “Where I Belong” Named 2012 Billboard Christian Song Of The Year
Essential Records pop/rock band Building 429's breakout single "Where I Belong" is Christian Song of the Year, according to the Billboard 2012 year-end charts. Billboard also named the song its Christian AC Song of the Year, while Building 429 received recognition as both Christian Songs Artist of the Year and Christian AC Songs Artist of the Year.
Earlier this year, "Where I Belong" set precedent as the first song to maintain No. 1 on the Billboard National Christian Audience chart for 15 consecutive weeks. "Where I Belong" surpassed singles by tobyMac as well as Phillips, Craig & Dean, who each held the top spot on the Billboard NCA chart for 11 straight weeks. Furthermore, the song also peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard CHR chart.
Like Us on Facebook
Written by Building 429 frontman Jason Roy and award-winning songwriter/producer Jason Ingram, "Where I Belong" is from the band's fifth studio project, Listen to the Sound, released in May of 2011. The album, which debuted at the top of iTunes' Christian & Gospel Albums chart, has turned out three hit radio songs to date, including No. 1 CHR and Top 5 AC radio single "Listen to the Sound" and "Made For You," Top 5 on the Christian CHR charts.
In addition to closing out the year as Billboard's top Christian artist with the No. 1 Christian radio song of 2012, Building 429 also celebrates a record tour season. Kicking off 2012 with its highly successful, 47-city "Winter Jam" tour, which saw attendance exceeding 500,000, the band proceeded to tour a slew of major festivals and international dates throughout the spring and summer. This fall Building 429 joined headliner newsboys on a run of its "God's Not Dead" tour before finishing up the year with Newsong's "Very Merry Christmas" tour.
About Building 429
Building 429 comprises Jason Roy (vocals), Jesse Garcia (guitar), Michael Anderson (drums), and Aaron Branch (bass). The band first broke through with its 2004 No. 1 hit "Glory Defined," which was named BMI's Christian Song of the Year in 2005. That same year, Building 429 was recognized as New Artist of the Year at the Gospel Music Association's Dove Awards.
The group has since amassed a dedicated fan following, playing more than 150 live shows a year while developing its own touring brands "Winter Blast" and "Summer Blast." Building 429 has maintained one of its busiest tour seasons to date, kicking off 2012 with a 47-city "Winter Jam" tour, which saw attendance exceeding 500,000, and making appearances at summer festivals as well as international tour dates in Canada, Denmark, Norway and the Philippines. Most recently, the band wrapped a run of newsboys' fall "God's Not Dead" tour and Newsong's "Very Merry Christmas" tour.
Building 429 released its fifth studio project, Listen to the Sound, on May 10, 2011. Produced by Jason Ingram (Chris Tomlin, Sanctus Real), Rusty Varenkamp (Tenth Avenue North, Sanctus Real) and Rob Hawkins (Fireflight, Anthem Lights), Listen to the Sound debuted at the top of iTunes' Christian & Gospel Albums chart, while its title track hit No. 1 on the CHR chart and Top 5 on Billboard's National Christian Audience Chart. Follow up single "Made For You" reached Top 5 on the Christian CHR charts, while "Where I Belong" set precedent as the longest-running No. 1 single on the Billboard Christian Audience chart at 15 consecutive weeks. "Where I Belong" was Billboard's Christian Song of the Year and Christian AC Song of the Year. In addition, the band was named Billboard's Christian Songs Artist of the Year and Christian AC Songs Artist of the Year.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK