Brothers McClurg Invite Listeners to 'Join In The Sound' with first full-length Album releasing 7/31
Brothers McClurg, a worship band hailing from western New York, invites listeners to Join In The Sound with their first full-length album releasing July 31.
The new project follows the band's 2011 introductory digital EP Alive, which was lauded by Worship Leader magazine for its "tight harmonies" and "creative rhythms." For Join In The Sound, Brothers McClurg delivers more of those signature harmonies on 10 new songs plus three songs from the EP.
Like Us on Facebook
Fronted by "real life" brothers Anthony and Chris Hoisington, Brothers McClurg is a band of Christian brothers from various church traditions who share a desire to see lives changed through worship. The band took the name Brothers McClurg as a way to signify their bond of fellowship while honoring Pastor Bill McClurg, Anthony and Chris' maternal grandfather and a stalwart ministry leader within their community.
"There are many different people who are part of Brothers McClurg," explains Chris Hoisington, a worship leader who serves at both Brockport Free Methodist and Lafayette Presbyterian churches in that area. "It's really a community of our friends, a collaboration, which in a small way, is what Join In The Sound really means."
With an eclectic style that draws on rock, folk and country influences, Join In The Sound was produced by the Hoisingtons along with Joseph Secchiaroli and features 13 songs, most of which were written or co-written by Anthony and Chris. Guest writers and co-writers include Paul Baloche, Glenn Packiam, Don Poythress, Mark Harris, Anthony Skinner, Carl Cartee, Mia Fieldes, All Sons & Daughters and Rend Collective Experiment. The songs themselves range from the hymn-like "From Every Stormy Wind That Blows" to the infectious praise of "You Shine Through," a co-write with Rend Collective and the band's first iTunes single.
Through the cracks in all of us / Through the fractures and our dust
You shine through, You shine through
"When I think of Join In The Sound, I think of the invitation that God gives all of his creation to worship Him," says Anthony Hoisington, the worship ministry director for Northgate Free Methodist Church in Batavia. "It's a calling that has been placed within all of us. We all have a sound to contribute to the overall conversation. And we need to let that sound out. We are called to be involved along with everything around us to join in the sound and worship our Lord."
The complete track list for Join In The Sound, including songwriters, is:
- Tune Up - instrumental
- Join In The Sound - written by Glenn Packiam, Chris Hoisington, Anthony Hoisington
- I Believe In Hope - written by Chris Hoisington, Anthony Hoisington, Don Poythress, Anthony Skinner
- You Shine Through - written by the Hoisingtons and Gareth Gilkerson and Chris Llewellyn of Rend Collective Experiment
- From Every Stormy Wind That Blows - written by Hugh Stowell, Thomas Hastings and the Hoisingtons
- Forgiven Forever - written by Glenn Packiam, Mark Harris and Carl Cartee
- Come To The Fount - written by Anthony and Chris Hoisington
- All Around - written by Anthony and Chris Hoisington and Mia Fieldes
- Lean Not - written by Anthony & Chris Hoisington and Leslie Jordan and David Leonard of All Sons & Daughters
- I Just Need You - written by Anthony & Chris Hoisington
- Caught In The Moment - written by Anthony & Chris Hoisington, Don Poythress and Tony Wood
- Alive - written by Chris & Anthony Hoisington and Leslie Jordan & David Leonard of All Sons & Daughters
- Living Water - written by David Lunsford
- Just Say - written by Paul Baloche, Anthony & Chris Hoisington
Brothers McClurg will be sharing their new songs while on tour this summer and fall, including appearances at Kingdom Bound music festival in Darien, New York, August 6-8.
About Brothers McClurg: Hailing from the Buffalo, New York area, the members of Brothers McClurg desire to carry Jesus' message of life, hope and forgiveness to their own city and to every community they encounter, blessing the Church and uniting the body of Christ in worship. Additional information can be found at http://brothersmcclurg.com/ and http://www.facebook.com/brothersmcclurg. To follow Brothers McClurg on Twitter, visit https://twitter.com/BrothersMcClurg.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK