Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir Releases New Radio Single "Love lead the way"
When the legendary Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sang "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" at last month's Presidential Inauguration, it had a viewing audience of over a billion people and received universal acclaim for its dynamic performance. The New York Times called it a "stirring moment" and NBC News anchor Brian Williams remarked on-air, "Probably not the most artful phrase, but the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir just killed it." Even in the home of the iconic Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Salt Lake Tribune newspaper columnist Peg McEntee wrote, "That choir, not ours, then set off into the most beautiful rendition of 'The Battle Hymn of the Republic' I've ever heard."
Like Us on Facebook
The choir has been making sweet sounds for four decades and will release its 28th album, "Love Lead the Way," this spring. The fifteen-track CD will feature their acclaimed rendition of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and their new radio single, "Let Your Kingdom Come." Both songs are currently available on iTunes, Amazon mp3 and other major online digital stores as a deluxe download bundle.
The rousing declaration of faith is a new composition written by choir founder Carol Cymbala, music director Jason Michael Webb and worship leader Onaje Jefferson. With full orchestration of horns, strings, festive percussion, and the celestial voices of the ensemble; the track is led by tenor Brandon Camphor, who's enjoyed success as the leader of Brandon Camphor & One Way, an urban pop-flavored gospel group. Stream the single on Sound Cloud: https://soundcloud.com/brooklyntabernaclechoir.
The nearly 300-voice choir is a blend of ethnic and economic backgrounds, with members ranging from lawyers and doctors to former drug addicts. Over the years, the choir has performed at major venues such as Radio City Music Hall and Madison Square Garden. Their amazing legacy includes six Grammy Awards, seven Dove Awards, two #1 Billboard charting CDs and over four million albums sold. Visit http://www.brooklyntabernacle.org for more information on the choir.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK