The Bible Series History Channel Reaches Nearly 70 Million in 3 Weeks
Producers Mark Burnett ("Survivor", "The Voice", "Shark Tank") and Roma Downey ("Touched By An Angel") felt a divine tug on their hearts to make this series, even if it never made it to tv. Downey says, "It's really an introduction to the Bible. We had the hope it would engage people in dialogue, which has happened."
The premiere episode ended up making it on Tv (The History Channel) and also ended up beating out everything on Tv as well with a 13.8 rating. It was the highest rated Tv show in cable week #1 and hasn't let up for weeks #2 and #3.
"The Bible" on The History Channel wins the ratings again and is the #1 show on all of television Sunday night with 10.9 million total viewers. In addition, the series garnered 4.2 million Adults 25-54 and 3.5 million Adults 18-49."
They filmed "The Bible" mini-series for 5 months in Morocco near the Sahara desert. They brought in 40 bible scholars and then got great pastors around the country (T.D. Jakes, Joel Osteen, Rick Warren) to help promote the series to their congregations and social media followings.
The series was created on just a 22 million budget, which is very small for a 10 hour feature film.
Some critics have poked fun at the "ninja angels" and some have called it "more action films then spiritual journey", however the ratings tell another story.
"The Bible" has reached over 68 million viewers since it premiered on March 3* (includes 18 telecasts on The History Channel and Lifetime).
Like Us on Facebook
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK