"The Bible" Producer Mark Burnett Releases Companion Book, "The Story of God and All of Us"
Married producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey just released a companion book series, "A Story of God and All of Us" for their uber-popular miniseries, "The Bible" on History Channel.
Burnett and Downey's 3-book series includes devotional reflections, prayers and gorgeous photos from "The Bible" television series. The book will also include a novelization of the show, along with an instructional book geared towards getting children and young adults excited about the stories of the Bible.
Like Us on Facebook
The "Reflections" edition includes 100 passages, each reflecting on a Bible verse with devotions and short prayers. The "100 Daily Devotionals" are a great way to better understand the Bible and follow along with "The Bible" miniseries. Each passage was written or co-written by Burnett and Downey.
One of Burnett's written contributions compares the power of God to the power of a car engine.
Growing up in England, Burnett always thought American cars were exotic and "cool." With high-ratings shows like "Survivor" and "Celebrity Apprentice" Burnett has been blessed to be able to afford a small collection of automobiles.
But, "the power Jesus promises is not like the power my cars possess," explained the "Bible" producer. "The power Jesus gives is the power that helps me be the kind of man God intends for me to be."
"A Story of God and All of Us" is available on Amazon.com and most bookstores.
"The Bible" series airs each Sunday at 8 p.m. on History Channel. The series' finale is Easter Sunday.
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- Laurie Cardoza Moore to address WCICC Leadership
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK