“The Bible” Miniseries Premieres Sunday, March 3 on The History Channel
After months of anticipation, the big moment is finally within view: The History Channel will premiere its brand-new, effects-laden miniseries The Bible this Sunday.
Like Us on Facebook
Produced by husband and wife team Mark Burnett (Survivor, Shark Tank) and Roma Downey (Touched By an Angel), The Bible is an epic, 10-hour, five-week event that will give viewers an unprecedented look at some of the most important moments in Biblical history.
Downey first suggested the idea for the series, and although Burnett initially hesitated, he felt a Divine pull leading him forward.
"Roma's suggestion stopped me dead in my tracks," Burnett said in an interview with TV Guide. "A series that would span from Genesis to the Ressurection and beyond was a very scary undertaking, yet I knew I couldn't live with myself if I didn't rise to the challenge. It somehow felt as if we were being called to do this, as if this was one of the reasons Roma and I were brought together."
The final result is a breathtaking, state-of-the-art production that took $20 million and three years to complete. Much of the budget went toward special effects - to make the parting of the Red Sea, the Great Flood, the burning bush and other notably dramatic scenes truly come to life. That was important to the couple, as they wanted a project that would be visually appealing to their teenaged children.
"The Bible is going to be seen by millions of people, and it looks like a $100 million feature film," Burnett told The Christian Post.
The miniseries will walk viewers completely through the Bible in two hours each Sunday, beginning March 3 and ending on Easter Sunday, March 31. All episodes will air on the History channel at 8 pm EST/7 pm Central.
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- Laurie Cardoza Moore to address WCICC Leadership
- Word Entertainment & 25 Entertainment Announce The 2013-14 "Girls of Grace" Season Presented By Childfund (VIDEO)
- Luminate Enjoys Success on Rock N' Worship Roadshow & Believe Tours
- Francesca Battistelli New Album Coming Out Soon?
- Laura Story's 'Blessings' Album Goes Gold, Joins Show Hope Concert May 26 in Nashville with Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman & Others
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK