"The Bible" Miniseries Makes Fans of Oprah, Sen. Marco Rubio...More
"The Bible," History Channel's latest epic new series posted huge rating for it's first two episodes. Oprah, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, LL Cool J and Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton were among the 13.1 million who tuned in for the March 3rd premiere.
Senator Rubio tweeted, "Gotten hooked on the #Bible miniseries on #HistoryChannel."
Oprah live tweeted her reactions to the Samson scenes.
"Samson not happy killing up some people. #TheBible"
Like Us on Facebook
"Samson "distracted " by Delilah. fatal flaw #TheBible"
"God didn't tell him not to tell crazy Delilah #TheBible"
Though the Mark Burnett and Roma Downey-produced miniseries convinced millions of viewers to tune in, "The Bible" has received some pretty terrible reviews in the press.
Glen Garvin from the Miami Herald wrote, "The Bible" has, "the pace of a music video, the characterizations of a comic book and the political-correctness quotient of a Berkeley vegetarian commune..."
Allison Keene of The Hollywood Reporter said, "this is the most well-known and popular book in the history of humanity for a reason-it's exciting and interesting and full of hope. The Bible is unfortunately none of these."
Though the secular review is generally disinterested, Christians such as Oprah and Rubio are captivated.
The Christian Post's Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe called the miniseries "a remarkable spiritual and emotional experience."
"The theme of God's love and hope for all humanity is the thread that holds the entire series together," Tunnicliffe wrote. "I received a fresh new perspective on many of the famous Bible stories: Looking through the eyes of Sarah as she thinks that her husband, Abraham, has sacrificed their son Isaac; listening to Noah telling the story of Creation to his children on the ark; agonizing with Mary (played by Roma Downey) as she sees her son, Jesus, beaten and crucified. These and so many other stories allow you to connect with the characters on a deep emotional level."
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- Human Rights Leader Majed El Shafie Announces Successful Rescue of Victims of Religious Persecution in Afghanistan
- Citizen Way New Record, Redeemed Tour & K-Love Awards
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK