"The Bible" Miniseries on the History Channel Episode I and II in Review
Episode one opens with breathtaking cinematography of Noah and the flood and then shifts over to the life of Abraham. The rest of the first hour details his troubled relationship with Lot, his inability to wait on a child with Sarah, and interacting face-to-face with three angels concerning the demise of Sodom.
In the second hour, they fast forward 400 years to the enslavement of the Egyptians and the life of Moses. He kills a man in rage after finding out he was adopted and ends up spending 40 years in exile out in the wilderness. Moses then has an encounter with God through the burning bush and we see his clear determination and trust in God to help him free his people. They transition through all 10 plagues until Pharaoh finally lets Moses' people free. The episode ends with the climactic crossing of the Red sea and the beginning of Moses handing off the leadership baton to Joshua.
Like Us on Facebook
Episode 2 "Homeland / "The Kingdom" shows Joshua and the Israelites defeating Jericho. The angel says, "You must march around the city for seven days and on the seventh day, walk the city seven times then sound your trumpets and shout. The walls of Jericho fell and the Israelite army took the city. "God has kept his promise, if we obey the Lord, anything is possible" Joshua said after entering.
Next, they show the story of Samson and his betrayal by Delilah to cut his hair and lose this strength against the Philistines. They fast forward 100 years after Joshua and the 12 tribes have spread out across the land. His people ask for a king, samuel seeks God's guidance and he decides on Saul. This begins of time of prophets and kings. Samuel is led to anoint David king to be the new king after Saul dies after Saul disobeys God on the battlefield.
David, still a mere farmer at that time, defeats Goliath, the Philistine's fiercest fighter and giant becomes a warrior-soldier for the Israelite army. King Saul begins to get jealous of David as people praise him becomes obsessed with killing David.King David takes over the crown after King Saul's death and enters into Jerusalem with this army to capture and declare Jerusalem the new capitol. Episode 2 ends with the prophet Nathan calling out King David for his adulterous ways with Bathsheba and turning his ways from God.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK