"The Bible" Miniseries on the History Channel Episode 2 Recap
"The Bible", The History channels' highest rated series to date aired it's second episode tonight (7pm CST).
Episode 2 "Homeland / "The Kingdom" opens up with Joshua giving a motivating speech to his troupes reminding them about God's call for his people to take their 'promised' land. Joshua meets an angel and gets his instruction on how to defeat Jericho. The angel says, "You must march around the city for seven days and on the seventh day, walk the city seven times then sound your trumpets and shout. The walls of Jericho fell and the Israelite army took the city.
Like Us on Facebook
"God has kept his promise, if we obey the Lord, anything is possible" Joshua said after entering.
Up next a new adversary comes along, the Philistines and their army. They fast forward 100 years after Joshua and the 12 tribes have spread out across the land. The prophet samuel has failed after decades to defeat the Philistines. His people ask for a king, samuel seeks God's guidance and he decides on Saul. This begins of time of prophets and kings, they must work together to secure the promised land. King Saul disobeys God on the battlefield and the prophet Samuel is required to find a new king. Samuel is led to anoint David to be the new king after Saul dies.
As King Saul is losing favor with God, the Philistine army becomes more both and mocking of the Israelite army. David, still a mere farmer at that time, takes on Goliath, the Philistine's fiercest fighter and also a giant in stature, and brings him down with one stones throw to the head, charges Goliath and cuts off his head. In the years to come, David becomes a warrior-soldier for the Israelite army.
King Saul begins to get jealous of David as people praise him. Saul offers his daughter in marriage to David on the agreement that he kills 100 Philistines. King Saul is secretly hoping that David will die on the battlefield. David makes it back and King Saul becomes obsessed with killing David until Saul ends up killing himself in battle.
King David takes over the crown after King Saul's death and enters into Jerusalem with this army to declare the city the new capitol of Israel. Jerusalem becomes the new center for the nation.
Episode 2 ends with the prophet Nathan calling out King David for his adulterous ways with Bathsheba and turning his ways from God.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK