"The Bible" Miniseries on the History Channel Episode 2, the Reaction
"The Bible" series, episode 2 aired tonight on The History Channel. In its premiere episode last week the ratings were huge and no one really had much idea what to expect outside of if they happened to catch a 2 minute trailer online. So watching the first episode was taking in all of the elements of who was playing which character, how the movie was going to be directed overall, and what the cinematography and special effects would be like. With nervousness of many in the Christian world that the movie would appear poorly acted or look low budget, the reaction was overall a pleasant surprise as the stories came to live in the premiere episode.
Like Us on Facebook
After a week of heavy debate inside and outside Christian circles on the topic of the new series, people were ready to dive into episode 2 week a little more of an idea what to expect overall to they could focus on the actual stories being presented.
Most early reviews from tonights episode "Homeland / The Kingdom" were except for small inaccuracies that could have been to keep the story moving or were maybe just over looking in making the film. The story of Samson was shown fairly biblically accurate, it just had to skip over things for time sake. They mainly missed why exactly his wife was burned and the fact that Delilah had to work a lot longer and harder to get Samson to give up his secret about his hair. The scene of him killing Philistines with the jawbone seemed to be a favorite of that section tonight.
Moving to their depiction of David, his anointing did not show Samuel meeting with Jesse and his songs, but just him meeting David in a field. Also, King Saul had tried to kill David once before offering to hand over his daughter, Michal to him. The depiction of the people praising David in front of King Saul gave a good picture of why there would have been growing jealousy for Saul.
This will keep everyone talking until episode 3 of "The Bible" airs next Sunday night at 7pm CST on The History Channel.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK