“The Bible” Miniseries on the History Channel Episode 2 Exclusive Preview
Married producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey must have been blown away with the 27 million viewers who tuned into episode 1 of, "The Bible" series on History Channel. This Sunday's episode 2, featuring the stories of Samson and Delilah, the Ark of the Covenant, Saul, and David defeating Goliath, could be even bigger.
Bringing to life biblical hero Samson thrilled Burnett and Downey. The power couple describes, "Game of Thrones" actor Nonso Anozie as the perfect man to play the role of Samson.
Like Us on Facebook
"He's a huge guy in "Game of Thrones". 6'9, unbelievable, dreadlocks down his back, it's an epic wig," Burnett told Entertainment Tonight in an exclusive preview of episode 2. "It's amazing, and of course Delilah is going to cut off those dreadlocks," added Downey.
Viewers can expect stunning visual effects throughout the episode and especially during the scene when the walls of Jericho come crashing down.
"These stories, you cannot make this stuff up. They're the best stories in the world," Burnett said of the remaining episodes of "The Bible".
Burnett and Downey have also been receiving a lot of support from the celebrity world. NFL quarterback Tim Tebow and quarterback wife Elizabeth Hasselbeck both took to Twitter, urging their followers to tune into episode two of, "The Bible.
But how high can "The Bible" ceiling go? With a reported budget of $22 million, series' revenue will far exceed that amount.
"This has the potential to be an extremely lucrative project, and they [Burnett and Downey] own it, which is the real difference," says Lacey Rose of The Hollywood Reporter.
Burnett and Downey are also far ahead of a new trend in the entertainment business. Russell Crowe just finished filming his new movie Noah. Also according to Lacey Rose, two "Moses" productions are in the works. Will Smith is working on a Cain and Abel project and Brad Pitt is reportedly linked to a film based on Pontius Pilate.
Capitalizing on the $600 million worldwide from Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ, Burnett and Downey are cutting the New Testament section of the series and turning it into a feature film to be released in theaters.
With the growing success of "The Bible" TV and film viewers can expect to see many more biblically themed projects.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK