Beyonce Lip-Syncing National Anthem at Inauguration?
It can't be! Reigning Queen of pop and R&B, Beyonce, has created some buzz this Tuesday after allegedly lip-syncing the national anthem at President Obama's second inauguration. The Grammy award-winning singer shared the stage with the Marine Corps. Band, which has performed the song for every inauguration since 1801.
Spokeswoman for the Marine Band, Master Sgt. Kristin DuBois confirmed to USA Today, Beyonce used a backing track and was in fact lip-syncing. Though DuBois did say recording a backing track is standard, she was surprised to find out the band would be required to dummy their live performance.
Like Us on Facebook
"This group of people are such pros, they can make it work no matter what. They are so accustomed to playing under any condition," she told Maria Puente of USA Today.
Washingtonian.com reports from front center stage that it was obvious the Marine Band was faking it. Though Colonel Michael J. Colburn "was conducting energetically," Sophie Gilbert of the Washington arts and culture magazine could tell the band members mimicked blowing into their instruments. (Washingtonian).
Midway through Beyonce appeared to be having technical difficulties and removed her ear pierce while seemingly hitting a tough high note in the song. Whether this was a triumphant moment for the vocalist or just a stage gimmick, Beyonce and Co. have not confirmed or even commented on the allegations.
DuBois did however confirm Kelly Clarkson's rendition of, "My Country 'Tis of Thee," as performed live and authentic.
Everybody knows Beyonce can sing. But this isn't the first time Queen B has received flak for lip-syncing. 2009 Academy Awards anyone?
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- Chris Tomlin's "Burning Lights Tour" Makes Career History
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK