Worship Band Bellarive Releases The HEARTBEAT This Week On Sparrow Records To Rave Reviews, #1 On iTunes Album Charts
This week marks the release date for Bellarive's debut album, The Heartbeat (Sparrow Records). Produced by Bellarive and Joshua Silverberg (Luminate, Abandon) and mixed by Allen Salmon (Gungor, Building 429), The Heartbeat made an unprecendented debut at No. 1 on iTunes' Christian & Gospel Album chart, holding the top spot for two days. The album can be purchased from iTunes and from Amazon and at all Christian retailers.
Like Us on Facebook
To celebrate their debut project, Bellarive performed a concert earlier this week to a sold out crowd in their hometown of Orlando. Pictures from the special evening are below.
The Heartbeat's first single, "Taste of Eternity," has not only helped to bring Bellarive a growing fan base but the six-piece band from Florida has been receiving amazing album reviews from the media. With upcoming coverage in outlets such as Rhapsody and CCM Magazine, read on to see what a few of today's top outlets are saying about Bellarive and The Heartbeat:
"Emotive and melodious, enthusiastic and imaginative, The Hearbeat is a slow-burn masterpiece of musicianship rooted in a genuine longing to commune with our Creator."
"When I had a chance to listen to their Sparrow Records debut, it was clear that from the opening beat of "Heartbeat" to the last breath
of "Stories", I was entirely captivated."
"Hoping their music pulls the listener closer to the heartbeat of God, this album flows straight to the foot of the cross and
beckons His presence."
"Bellarive's The Heartbeat is energetic and spirited, containing a tendency that is bound to inspire you to sing along and
ponder the goodness of Jesus... Curran's inspired lyrics and passionate melodies fuel the experience and make this an album
from the best new artist of 2012."
"Full of richness, musically and lyrically; this is an album for those who want to continually engage with the Father and what
He wants for us."
"This band has taken on worship lyrics with creative guitar sounds to produce twelve brilliant songs."
After connecting at their church in 2009, Bellarive's six members - Sean Curran (lead vocals, keys), Melissa Mage (vocals, percussion), her brother Mike Mage (programming, vocals, guitar), Zach Glotfelty (lead guitar), Josh Luker (bass, percussion), and Kenny Werner (drums) - immediately felt like kindred spirits. A couple of years later that they realized God's calling for them was to become a band.
Bellarive hopes that the music of The Heartbeat pulls the listener closer to the depths of God's heart, one of the reasons why their song sequence has an intentionality to it. "When we were writing these songs, they definitely all seemed of a set," shares Curran. "Each one revealed a little bit more of who God is to all of us, a different glimpse of His glory or love and getting deeper and deeper into His heart."
Their debut radio single, "Taste of Eternity," is available on iTunes packaged with the song's music video. The video made its debut last month at Relevant Magazine's RELEVANT.tv. Be sure to check out the music video here.
To connect with Bellarive, visit:
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK