BEC Recordings' Manafest Wins 9th GMA Covenant Award
BEC Recordings' and international rock artist Manafest was honored with his 9th GMA Covenant Award this week for "Recorded Song of the Year" with the song "Never Let You Go" off of his fifth studio album Fighter. Fans can view this award winning song's music video here: "Never Let You Go".
Currently Manafest is climbing the radio charts at CHR with the current single "Human." This week at CHR the song was the most added including an add at Air 1. The title track "Fighter" is getting spins at general market stations like WiiL Chicago, WZBH Ocean City and WRAT in New Jersey. Fighter has already produced a No. 1 Single at Rock radio ("Fighter") as well as a No. 2 Single ("Pushover") and a Top 20 CHR single ("Never Let You Go").
Like Us on Facebook
Since the release of his fifth studio album, Fighter, Manafest has been around the world touring nonstop. In April, this album debuted in the Top 20 on the iTunes® Rock album chart at No. 16 and was the highest career debut for Manafest landing at No. 7 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. Manafest spent weeks touring in Japan and China supporting the international release of Fighter where he debuted at No. 8 on the Japan iTunes chart.
In addition to the radio and international success, Manafest's newest venture has received wide acclaim from the media. Media said that the album was "lyrically intense," "packs a power punch," and an "ambitious blend of rap, hip-hop and R&B."
Starting this weekend, Manafest will be touring with rockers Saving Abel for six shows. Catch Manafest at a date near you listed below.
November 10 Destin, FL
November 11 Jacksonville, FL
November 14 Charlotte, NC
November 15 Greenville, SC
November 16 Murfreesboro, TN
November 17 Tupelo, MS
Produced by Adam Messinger (Justin Bieber) and Seth Mosley (newsboys), Fighter vents the Toronto native's losses and draws hurting people toward inspiration like never before. A fighter himself, Manafest knows what it means to have a fight. His uphill climb began at age five when his father committed suicide. Years of childhood insecurity and fear gave way to a promising skateboarding career, but then an injury took that away, too. Music soon filled the void, and it would prove to be a perfect fit.
"Whether it's family, personal, or professional, it's been a fight," he says of a life and career that, despite their many layers and successes, are really just beginning to step into the ring. "I've had the willingness to bear pain to get through all this, and I'm winning now. Fighter was made to keep bringing a light to people; keep fighting."
ABOUT MANAFEST: Over the past 11 years, Chris Greenwood has used the moniker Manafest to organically build his fan base playing hundreds of shows on four continents. In 2006, Manafest released Glory from which the rock anthem "Impossible," featuring Thousand Foot Krutch's Trevor McNevan, became a global hit. In 2008, Manafest followed up with Citizens Activ, which catapulted success garnering multiple TV placements and his overall presence in the US and internationally. In 2010, Manafest released his most critically acclaimed project, The Chase, which he received his second JUNO Award nomination as well as won the 2010 GMA Canada Award. In June 2011, Manafest released his first self-titled live DVD / CD. Touring worldwide Manafest has also traveled to the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Japan and United States.
Connect with Manafest:
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK