Award Winning Actress, Singer Tamela Mann Slated To Release New CD BEST DAYS August 14
Acclaimed Actress, NAACP Image Award Nominee and Dove Award-Winning Singer TAMELA MANN is set to release her highly-anticipated Gospel CD BEST DAYS on August 14, 2012 through TillyMann Music Group Inc. and distributed by Central South Distribution. That week, Mann also celebrates the release of Sparkle, starring Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston, in which she is featured playing the role of Houston's best friend, "Sarah Waters." The film hits theaters on August, 17, 2012. The first single from BEST DAYS, "Take Me To The King," penned and produced by Tamela's long-time friend and Gospel icon, Kirk Franklin, is taking radio by storm. The first week of release, the track was the most added and received most increased plays debuting at #20 on the Gospel chart. This week, "Take Me To The King" climbed to #11 on the Gospel radio chart.
Like Us on Facebook
"I want to present music that people can be blessed by and that can be healing," said Tamela about the new CD. "We have to put music out to keep people encouraged and keep lifting the body of Christ up, and even the ones that haven't become Christians. We need to encourage them that the best thing that they could ever do is become a child of God."
Produced by Myron Butler and Kirk Franklin, the 12-song CD showcases Tamela's powerful vocals and meaningful lyrics. The title track, penned by Butler, is a jubilant celebration of God's promises. "It's a very encouraging song and gives a lot of hope," Tamela said. "It's about looking back on your past, but not letting it take over your life. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Things will be better."
Surrounding the release of "Take Me To The King" to radio and in preparation of the CD release in August, a multi-city promo tour is scheduled for Tamela over the next few months, making stops at churches, radio stations and events across the country. Tamela will share new music from BEST DAYS, pre-sell CDs, and sign autographs for fans. Please stay tuned to www.tillymannmusic.com and www.facebook.com/davidtamelamann for her updated tour itinerary.
In addition to launching her new CD, Tamela appears in the upcoming film Sparkle, in theaters on August 17. Sparkle, a remake of the 1976 film, tells the story of a young musical prodigy from a Harlem gospel choir, who is pushed into the limelight and struggles to become a star. The title character, Sparkle (Jordin Sparks) is the youngest of three sisters in the 1950's girl group who faces issues that are tearing apart their family in her road to stardom. Along with Tamela and Sparks, the stellar cast also includes Houston, Derek Luke, Mike Epps, Carman Ejogo, Tika Sumpter, Omari Hardwick, Cee-Lo Green among others.
ABOUT TAMELA MANN
Tamela Mann is an accomplished NAACP Image Award nominated actress, singer, songwriter, producer, and businesswoman. Starring as "Cora Simmons," the loving and churchgoing "but woe to those who cross me" daughter of beloved Deacon Leroy Brown and the iconic Madea Simmons on the hit TBS comedy Tyler Perry's Meet The Browns, Tamela makes millions laugh every week while she enjoys a unique personal double blessing. Continuing the role she originated in Perry's 2004 play and 2008 film of the same name, the sassy, high spirited multi-talented singer and actress is able to work every day with David Mann, her husband who plays Leroy. Tamela's highly successful, Dove Award-winning CD "The Master Plan" remained at the top of the Gospel sales chart for almost a year, and in 2010, Tamela released "The Master Plan Deluxe Edition" which contained not only all the songs from the best-seller, but David's CD, "Mr. Brown's Good Ol' Time Church," and a full bonus DVD of behind the scenes footage and music videos. Tamela and David's new cooking and lifestyle show, "Hanging With The Manns," will be coming to television this fall.
For more information about Tamela Mann, visit http://www.tillymannmusic.com.
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- Toddzero To Release First Full-Length Album On June 4th
- Whosoever South Kicks Off Media Tour in Support of Debut Album
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK