Audiences Nationwide Find Hope & Healing in "Homerun"
As the nationwide release of David Boyd's (The Walking Dead, Friday Night Lights) feature film HOME RUN draws closer, audiences, critics and leaders across the country are offering overwhelming praise for the film upon screenings in more than 50 markets, including a special showing this week to inmates at the country's largest prison, Louisiana State Penitentiary (Angola). This enthusiastic reception continues to build the momentum for HOME RUN, which is set for a nationwide release by Samuel Goldwyn Films in association with Provident Films on April 19. With its message based on thousands of true stories, HOME RUN is an inspirational reminder that with God, it's never too late ... freedom is possible.
Like Us on Facebook
Here is just a sampling of what some Christian leaders are saying about HOME RUN:
"HOME RUN reminds us of the power of forgiveness, the richness of redemption, and the wisdom of trusting God to revive us."
- Max Lucado, New York Times best-selling author and pastor
"HOME RUN is a must see story of change and redemption--a story all of us need to hear and know. Freedom is possible with God in our lives!"
- Joel Osteen, Pastor of Lakewood Church and best-selling author
"HOME RUN portrays the church in its beauty-true life transformation through real and honest relationships with one another and with Jesus."
- Joyce Meyer, author and speaker
Earlier this week, more than 800 death row inmates crowded into the chapel of Louisiana State Penitentiary (Angola Prison) to have the opportunity to watch HOME RUN. The film received an overwhelmingly positive response from the inmates, many of whom fought back tears and were very vocal in their praise of the film and its powerful message. Warden Burl Cain, who has served as Warden of Angola since 1995 commented, "We all live to a degree with what you see in HOME RUN. It's how we deal with the adversity and what has happened in our lives or it will carry on into the next generation. We have to break the cycle. This is what we see in prison, we break the cycle. This movie helps us break the cycle."
The Celebrate Recovery® program highlighted in HOME RUN is a forward-looking, real-life addiction recovery program that grew out of Southern California's Saddleback Church and is now found in churches all over the U.S. and the world. Celebrate Recovery® was founded in 1991 by Pastor John Baker of Saddleback Church with the goal of overcoming life's issues with a twelve-step program based on Christian principles.
Samuel Goldwyn Films in association with Provident Films have partnered in the marketing and distribution of HOME RUN. Past successes of the Goldwyn and Provident partnership include Fireproof, October Baby and Facing the Giants. A Hero Productions Film in association with Impact Productions, HOME RUN is directed by David Boyd, with a screenplay by Brian Brightly, Melanie Wistar, Eric Newman and Candace Lee. The film is executive produced by Carol Spann Mathews and Tom Newman. HOME RUN stars Scott Elrod, Vivica A. Fox, Dorian Brown and Charles Henry Wyson.
In addition to the theatrical release of the film, Home Run the novel is releasing March 2013 with David C Cook publishers. Travis Thrasher, celebrated novelist, was enlisted to adapt the screenplay into a deeply moving story for fiction readers.
- Jason Castro Shooting for GMC Movie "The Perfect Summer" / 2013 Tour with Sidewalk Prophets, Ryan Cabrera, Deleasa
- The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone (2013) Releases on DVD at Wal-mart, Watch Trailer (VIDEO)
- David M. Edwards Releases New Gospel Album "Heart Full Of Soul" Today / Available On iTunes
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK