Watch Angie Miller's Stellar Performance of Celine Dion's song "I Surrender" [VIDEO]
After American Idol tonight, Angie Miller goes to her Facebook page to reach out to her fans, "Tonight was sooo amazing!! I hope you all enjoyed the whole show and all the performances!!! =)"
To recap the night, Angela "Angie" Miller just gave another stand out performance on American Idol tonight. All of the Top 10 contestants are singing songs from past American Idols on tonight's show. Angela Miller picked the song "I Surrender" by Celine Dion, performed by season 1 winner, the wonderful Miss Kelly Clarkson.
Like Us on Facebook
Before Angela Miller started to perform, they showed a clip of her in a sit down talk with Jimmy Iovine. Iovine shared with her, "Sometimes it feels like I'm watching a beauty padgent, with someone who can dance and sing and strut around the stage..." implying she was a stronger contestant when she focused on her singing. Angela Miller shared about her feelings when she watched Kelly Clarkson singing, "I Surrender. She expressed, "When kelly sang it you could see her passion, I think i can sing it as well as Kelly did." Those were bold words, but she has to have the confidence in herself to get through the performance.
Speculation was high, as picking a song that Kelly Clarkson did would be big enough shoes, let alone a Celine Dion song at the same time. "Angie Miller" hit the stage and came through with a strong and energetic performance to hold onto her spot as a favorite in the competition.
American Idol judge Keith Urban was the first to speak. He shared, "i love that you can take a song from any area and make it "now". I thought you knocked it out of the park." Next was Nicki Minaj adding, "You personify perfection...I can't critique anything because you are on point." Randy Jackson chimed in, "America, the competition starts now!" He added, "I think you can sing anything, your voice is crystal clear and in tune." Finally, Mariah Carey simply adds, "Stellar".
Follow Angela Miller on twitter (@AngieAI12) and tune in tomorrow night on FOX at 8/7pm CST to see if Miller makes it into the Final 9.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK