Did Angie Miller Make Top 8 on American Idol Tonight?
Tonight on American Idol they chose the contestants who will move on to the Top 8.
Angie Miller made it to the Top 8!
Jimmy Iovine again critiqued the performances of the contestants on American Idol tonight. Here is what he had to say about Angie tonight, "She is too dramatic (as a performer), but so talented. There is something wrong and we have to fix it, if she does, she could be the next American Idol.
Casey Abrams (Season 10) also gave a guest performance of, "I saw her standing there" by The Beatles with a jazz lounge feel. Abrams played an upright bass while singing and judge Keith Urban gave him a standing ovation at the end of his performance.
Like Us on Facebook
Last night, Angie Miller took on the task of performing the song, "Yesterday" from the most popular band ever, The Beatles. Covering a Beatles song at any time is risky business because their songs are so highly regarded, but Angie miller struck a good balance to holding to the original melody and adding a few tasteful high notes throughout the song.
It was a flawless performance vocally that really showed her range and control.
Judge Randy Jackson was the first to weigh in with, "That was a stellar performance, what I loved is that you remind me that you have more of that rock girl kind of edge to you it, like Haley from Paramore or the girl from Evanescence. I love that, never be afraid to share that."Mariah Carey added next, "I felt like what you did was very respectful to the song and you showed your voice. I would love to see more of your rock edge at some point as well."
Keith Urban chimes in with, "This is what I like about you as an artist, for me, watching you perform that song from beginning to end, I felt like there was moments when you were trying desperately to stop thinking about all of the things people were telling you to sing like. I could hear Jimmy's voice in the back of your head, then you would stop thinking about it and just become Angie again. What I love about it is you're in there the whole time and I see that through you, it doesn't matter to me, I see through all of that."
Nicki Minaj always having something colorful to say added, "Unbelievably amazing. You had a good key that showed us your range all the way through. You will absolutely be doing soundtracks for movies, you could do Broadway, you could seriously do anything with your voice. You are amazing!"
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK