Did Angie Miller Do Justice to Beatles Song "Yesterday" on American Idol? (VIDEO)
The Top 9 performed last night on American Idol and front-runner Angie"Angela" Miller did nothing to lose that spot.
Angie Miller took on the task of performing the song, "Yesterday" from the most popular band ever, The Beatles. Covering a Beatles song at any time is risky business because their songs are so highly regarded, but Angie miller struck a good balance to holding to the original melody and adding a few tasteful high notes throughout the song.
Like Us on Facebook
It was a flawless performance vocally that really showed her range and control.
Judge Randy Jackson was the first to weigh in with, "That was a stellar performance, what I loved is that you remind me that you have more of that rock girl kind of edge to you it, like Haley from Paramore or the girl from Evanescence. I love that, never be afraid to share that."
Mariah Carey added next, "I felt like what you did was very respectful to the song and you showed your voice. I would love to see more of your rock edge at some point as well."
Keith Urban chimes in with, "This is what I like about you as an artist, for me, watching you perform that song from beginning to end, I felt like there was moments when you were trying desperately to stop thinking about all of the things people were telling you to sing like. I could hear Jimmy's voice in the back of your head, then you would stop thinking about it and just become Angie again. What I love about it is you're in there the whole time and I see that through you, it doesn't matter to me, I see through all of that."
Nicki Minaj always having something colorful to say added, "Unbelievably amazing. You had a good key that showed us your range all the way through. You will absolutely be doing soundtracks for movies, you could do Broadway, you could seriously do anything with your voice. You are amazing!"
Tune into American Idol Tonight on Fox to see if Angie Miller secured her spot for next week in the Top 8.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK