Angela Miller's American Idol Future Looks Bright
To say that the last few weeks have been a whirlwind for 18-year-old Angela Miller would be an understatement.
The Massachusetts teen has wowed the judges in round after round, becoming an early favorite in the country's top singing reality competition, American Idol.
Like Us on Facebook
With her vast range and incredible control, Miller commands the stage like few others. To date, she has received more praise and been lauded more than any other contestant on American Idol.
"You have huge talent - vocally, musicianship - you just have a big, big gift that doesn't require any compensating," said judge Keith Urban following her performance of Jessie J's "Nobody's Perfect" last week. "You just have a beautiful voice...I wish I had more time to give you more adjectives. I have a feeling I'm going to have plenty of chance to do that."
Randy Jackson added, "You are definitely one of my favorites in this competition. I think America's witnessing the building of a superstar."
Miller first grabbed the attention of the judges - and millions others - with her flawless rendition of her original song, "You Set Me Free." The song is a beautiful telling of Christ's unconditional love and acceptance and the perfect way for Miller to demonstrate her faith on one of the biggest platforms in the world. Since the performance, the YouTube video has gotten almost 2 million views and spawned numerous covers.
After sailing through to the top 20 in last week's Sudden Death Rounds, Miller can breathe easy this week. The remaining 20 contestants who didn't sing last week will get their chance on February 27 and 28, and Miller will hit the Idol stage again the first full week of March.
- Casting Crowns Release Acoustic Album, Get K-Love Awards Nomination & Make Cameo in New Movie
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK