Angela Miller Preview for Tonight's American Idol
Just a few weeks ago in Hollywood, little known Angela Miller took the biggest risk of her professional career. Angela Miller decided to perform one of her original songs, a risk that very few people have taken in 12 seasons on American Idol. Angela Miller performed her song, "You Set Me Free" and instantly became a favorite of the judges and of the fans of the show. Social media blew up over her performance and risk to play her own song. Angela Miller was able to establish herself from that point early on as a true artist. Many singers on Idol are just that, singers. They don't have what it takes to stand out in an over saturated music market on their own. It is people who are true artists (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Chris Daughtry) that have a fighters chance after the show, whether they walk away the winner.
Like Us on Facebook
Angela Miller, a Beverly Hills (MA) graduate, has been influenced by Jessie J, Beyonce' and Alicia Keys among others. Keys is a obvious one as Angela Miller's favorite style for her self if more edgy, piano driven songs. Her strong voice, bright eyes and charismatic performances have made her and fellow lady, Kree Harrison the favorites so far.
Last week on American Idol, Angela Miller went back to her strength of singing from the piano and did Christian artist and Idol album Colton Dixon's song, "Never Gone". Her performance was beautiful and reminded everyone that Angela Miller was still the one to beat in this competition. After her song, judge Keith Urban shared, "When you play the piano, thats when I hear you the clearest and truest." Next judge Nicki Minaj, who had not been the most supportive judge tonight, chimed in, "Can I just get your album?"
After making it into the Top 10 on Thursday night, Angela Miller posted on her Facebook page (with over 35,000 followers), "I feel so blessed to be here!!!"
Tonight's theme on American Idol is "Music of the American Idols". The contestants will perform a song a previous American Idol winner has performed while on the show. Not included to choose from are their coronation songs or any song they recorded in their post-Idol career.
Check out Agela Miller's photos : http://breathecast.christianpost.com/angela-miller-photos
Tune in to see Angela Miller perform tonight on FOX, starting at 8/7 CST.
Which song would you guys like to see Angie sing tonight?! Leave your comments below.
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- Human Rights Leader Majed El Shafie Announces Successful Rescue of Victims of Religious Persecution in Afghanistan
- Citizen Way New Record, Redeemed Tour & K-Love Awards
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK