Angela Miller Sails Into American Idol’s Top 20
As one of American Idol's frontrunners, Angela Miller easily moved into the competition's Top 20.
Miller first broke away from the pack last week, with the performance of her original song, "You Set Me Free." Since the show aired, the YouTube video of the performance has picked up more than 1 million views, certifying Miller as one to definitely watch.
Like Us on Facebook
Even following her rendition of Jessie J's "Nobody's Perfect" on Wednesday of this week, two of the judges couldn't resist mentioning her previous showing.
"I love you Angie," said Nicki Minaj, "but you know nothing is going to compare to that last performance of your original song. You blew me away."
And Mariah Carey added, "I just want the world to have a chance to hear ["You Set Me Free"] because you had me clothed in goosebumps and bathed in tears with that song."
Going forward, it will be interesting to see if Miller chooses to sing more songs that display her faith. In an interview with BREATHEcast last month, Idol alum Colton Dixon discussed the hesitation of producers to showcase competitors' faith.
"You could tell with editing and TV time that they didn't like Jesus being thrown around all over the network," Dixon said when asked whether the producers had asked him to tone down the Christian "stuff."
American Idol airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 8 pm EST/7 pm CST on Fox.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK