Angela "Angie" Miller Soars with Celine Dion Song on American Idol Tonight
Angela "Angie" Miller just gave another stand out performance on American Idol tonight. All of the Top 10 contestants are singing songs from past American Idols on tonight's show.
Angela picked the song "I Surrender" by Celine Dion, performed by season 1 winner, the wonderful Miss Kelly Clarkson.
Before Angela Miller started to perform, they showed a clip of her in a sit down talk with Jimmy Iovine. Iovine shared with her, "Sometimes it feels like I'm watching a beauty padgent, with someone who can dance and sing and strut around the stage..." implying she was a stronger contestant when she focused on her singing. Angela Miller shared about her feelings when she watched Kelly Clarkson singing, "I Surrender. She expressed, "When kelly sang it you could see her passion, I think i can sing it as well as Kelly did." Those were bold words, but she has to have the confidence in herself to get through the performance.
Like Us on Facebook
Speculation was high, as picking a song that Kelly Clarkson did would be big enough shoes, let alone a Celine Dion song at the same time.
"Angie" hit the stage and came through with a strong and energetic performance to hold onto her spot as a favorite in the competition. .
American Idol judge Keith Urban was the first to speak. He shared, "i love that you can take a song from any area and make it "now". I thought you knocked it out of the park." Next was Nicki Minaj adding, "You personify perfection..I can't critique anything because you are on point." Randy Jackson chimed in, "America, the competition starts now!" He added, "I think you can sing anything, your voice is crystal clear and in tune." Finally, Mariah Carey simply adds, "Stellar".
Check out Agela Miller's photos : http://breathecast.christianpost.com/angela-miller-photos
Follow Angela Miller on twitter (@AngieAI12) and tune in tomorrow night on FOX at 8/7pm CST to see if Miller makes it into the Final 9.
- Big Daddy Weave Releases New Single, "The Only Name," To Radio Today
- Deitrick Haddon Nominated for 2013 BET Award-A Beautiful Soul CD
- Carman Announces 60-City U.S. Tour, Offers Tickets to Kickstarter Backers 1st as Kickstarter Campaign Exceeds $233,000, Becomes 2nd Most Successful Kickstarter Music Project Ever
- Winter Jam Audiences 'Reset' With Nick Hall
- Andrew Peterson Returns To Grand Ole Opry
- Jason Castro Commenced Shooting For The Gmc Movie "The Perfect Summer" On May 13
- Billboard Gospel Chart Debut At #8 For Bishop K.W. Brown Presents Earl Bynum and The Mount Unity Choir
- Human Rights Leader Majed El Shafie Announces Successful Rescue of Victims of Religious Persecution in Afghanistan
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK