Angela 'Angie' Miller Performs "Yesterday" on 'American Idol' Top 9 Episode
Angie Miller chose to sing, "Yesterday" on tonight's Top 9 American Idol Season 12 episode. Last week famed music producer Jimmy Iovine had some harsh words for Angela, comparing her to a "beauty queen". This week he told the Beverly Massachusetts native to stop over thinking.
"So many artists go for it and over sing and PERFORM. That's not gonna work," he told Angela Miller in the studio. "Power comes from the restraint."
Angela Miller's version of Paul McCartney's "Yesterday" was soft but powerful, sticking to most of the original melody. The ballad was a bit of a surprise as Angie Miller has stuck to edgier rock songs like Jessie J and Colton Dixon, which Randy Jackson and Keith Urban think set her apart.
Like Us on Facebook
Randy Jackson said she was "one of his favorites in this season" and that Angie Miller reminded him of "Hayley Williams from Paramore."
Keith Urban admired Miller's presence and added, "We like the hair Ange."
Mariah Carey though Angela Miller did a, "respectful version of the song" and thought her ensemble was "pow."
Nicki Minaj, always the outspoken Idol judge told Miller, regardless of what happens on this season of American Idol she's good enough to be, "doing soundtracks for Disney" and broadway.
Though the performance was sensational, certainly enough to send her to the Top 8, Angie Miller will have work cut out for her American Idol season 12 winds down to the Top 3. Angela Miller, Candice Glover (who performed "Come To Gether" with attitude) and Kree Harrison (kicked the show off singing "With A Little Help From My Friends) are the clear-cut favorites.
Good luck Devin Velez, who has the unfortunate task of following Angie Miller.
Tune in on Thurday to see if Angie Miller advances on the American Idol Season 12 Top 9 results show.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK