Reach Records' Andy Mineo Prepares for Release of Debut Album, "Heroes for Sale"
Reach Records rapper Andy Mineo is ready to shine.
Mineo's lent his lyrical prowess to tracks from some the biggest stars including Tedashii, Ambassador and Flame. On "Background," from Grammy-winning Lecrae's 2010 album Rehab, he even had the nerve to sing the hook. Yes, sing.
Like Us on Facebook
But don't get it twisted: Mineo spits rhymes. Hard.
Mineo's highly anticipated debut project, Heroes for Sale, is due April 16. It's a funky concoction of all of his musical influences, including hymns, heavy metal, hip-hop and classical. It's an autobiographical work that reveals an in-depth look into the heart and soul of a true Christ-lover who has faced the challenges of a fallen world head-on.
As a teenager, Mineo was a successful music entrepreneur, selling studio time out of his mother's house, recording and producing hundreds of artists in upstate New York. He was introduced to Christ as a troubled middle schooler, but the lack of a mentor to guide him on his walk caused him to veer off the righteous path.
A prosperous career in the music business beckoned, but Mineo acknowledges that he was likely headed for further rebellion. Fortunately, a chance meeting with producer Alex Medina during Mineo's freshman piano class in college changed everything.
Medina, who produced "Background," ultimately introduced Mineo to T.R.U.C.E., an urban, performing arts-based ministry. Mineo saw first-hand that his love of music could be utilized for a greater purpose, and after hearing Da Truth's "Price Tag," he vowed to shut down his recording studio and never use his gifts to help record music that did not honor God.
As a Reach Records artist and a member of the group 116 Clique (based on the scripture Romans 1:16: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile"), Mineo certainly has the backing and support to make an incredible impact.
See the video for Heroes For Sale's lead single, "Ayo!," below.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK