Andrew Peterson Successful Opry Appearance
It was a special night when Andrew Peterson made his debut on the Grand Ole Opry recently and delighted the crowd with two of his songs, "Dancing in the Minefields" and his new single, "You'll Find Your Way." Grand Ole Opry member Ricky Skaggs made Peterson's introduction while remembering his first Opry performance and what it means to stand on the historic Ryman stage. Both of Peterson's performances were met with lengthy applause, while some of the audience jumped to their feet-a rare response for a new artist on the show. One woman in the crowd was overheard to say, "These are the two best songs of the show so far tonight." Peterson was thrilled and honored with the response.
Like Us on Facebook
"Fifteen years ago when I first moved to Nashville, I fell in love with the beautiful history of the Grand Ole Opry," explains Peterson. "It's not just a part of what makes this city great, it's also a jewel in the crown of American music. I don't remember the last time I was so nervous walking onto a stage. But Ricky's introduction was so generous, and the audience was so gracious, that by the time we were finished I felt right at home. I'll never forget it."
Up next for Peterson is The Storytellers Tour with labelmate Jason Gray that launches February 16th in Illinois. For updates on the tour please visit www.andrew-peterson.com or www.jasongraymusic.com.
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK