Andrew Peterson Makes Debut Appearance On Grand Ole Opry Friday, January 18th At Historic Ryman Auditorium
Andrew Peterson, one of the most heralded singer/songwriters in the music industry, will make his Grand Ole Opry debut on Friday, January 18th at 7:00 pm. Peterson will share the stage at the historic Ryman Auditorium with Hunter Hayes, Diamond Rio, Joe Diffie, and the Del McCoury Band among others. Tickets are available online at www.opry.com. Peterson will perform song selections from his critically acclaimed project, Light for the Lost Boy, which was recently named one of the top 10 albums of 2012 by USA Today. The list also featured albums from such artists as Taylor Swift, Bruce Springsteen and Zac Brown Band. The album was also recognized by Christianity Today as the #5 album in 2012, right behind Bruce Springsteen at #4.
Like Us on Facebook
"I'm so grateful for the response to Light for the Lost Boy, and the chance to play some of those songs at the Opry freaks me out in the best way," says Peterson. "It's one thing to play at the Ryman, but it's another to get to be on the show that made it famous. I'm already nervous, but I can't wait."
Last month Peterson performed at the Ryman with two sold-out shows of his Christmas tour, Behold the Lamb of God. This marked Peterson's ninth performance at the Ryman and the first year that the Ryman added a second show due to high audience demand. The Christmas tour features a community of singer/songwriters and the Nashville show includes many award-winning musicians, such as Steven Curtis Chapman, Ron Block, Stuart Duncan, Buddy Greene, and Sierra Hull.
Up next for Peterson will be his second single from Light for the Lost Boy, "You'll Find Your Way," going for adds at radio in January, followed by The Storytellers Tour with labelmate Jason Gray launching February 16, 2013 in Illinois. Peterson, who is also an award-winning author, will release his 4th and final book in the Wingfeather Saga series later this year. For further updates please visit, www.andrew-peterson.com and www.wingfeathersaga.com.
- Tquan Moore Selected For Springboard South Music Festival
- Devin Mcglamery Celebrates Love Is A Verb Release
- Javen & Friends Send Praises High During CD Release Concert
- Smokie Norful's Song Say So Available Digitally May 28th
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK