5 Tips To Resist Overeating
Controlling hunger hormones such as insulin, leptin and grehlin, is the best way to avoid overeating. When you're not always hungry, you're more likely to stay on a healthier diet.
Here are five tips to help control those hunger hormones:
1. Get Enough Sleep. This is the oldest trick in the book. Allowing our bodies enough time to rest is the best protection against potentially unhealthy lifestyle choices. Sleep deprivation can decrease insulin sensitivity and leptin levels, while increasing levels of grehlin, thus increasing hunger and appetite as well.
Like Us on Facebook
2. Eat Complex Carbs. As always avoid over processed foods and drinks like soda and candy. A high-fiber, vegetable/fruit-friendly diet can help avoid rapid insulin response, which can increase hunger.
3. High-Protein Diet. Studies show a heavy-protein breakfast actually decreases hunger and reduces food intake for the rest of the day.
4. Exercise. Aerobic exercise can decrease appetite by suppressing grehlin levels. Four 30-minute workouts a week would be a good routine.
Overweight people are insulin-resistant. Just to maintain normal blood-sugar levels they have to find a way to increase insulin production. That can be difficult because of increased fat storage.
5. Reduce Stress. Chronic stress can increase levels of grehlin the body. Cortisol, a stress-related hormone has been proven to cause belly fat. Reducing stress is essential to lasting weight-control.
When people let their hunger hormones control them they leave little hope to a lasting healthy diet. By controlling hormones you can avoid snacking and overeating and finally start losing weight efficiently.
- David Crowder* Band Release New "Greatest Hits" Album Today / Songs Like "How He Loves", "O Praise Him" and "Everything Glorious" Featured on New Album
- The Perry's Joseph Habedank to Step Down as Lead Singer of Gospel Group After 10 Years, Read Full Note Here
- Legendary Vocalist John Schlitt Takes Music To Norway
- Integrity Music Releases Debut From Northern Ireland's Nathan Jess
- IMMERSE Announces Scholarship Opportunities, Partnership with National Praise and Worship Institute
- Creation Festival 2013 NORTHEAST: June 26-29 in Mt. Union,PA - NORTHWEST: August 7-10 in Enumclaw,WA
- Mark Schultz Says 'I Gave Up' In New Radio Single
- Monroe Hopper Passes Away
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK