2NE1- First Global Tour for All-Girl K-Pop Group
Korean pop sensation 2NE1 were already been dubbed "Bigger than Psy," by Forbes magazine in October. They---CL, Minzy, Dara and Bom---are the first all girl Korean group to launch and international tour. The 2012 New Evolution Global Tour will span 10 cities across 7 different countries.
2NE1, To Anyone, or Twenty-One (all are correct pronunciations) has pushed an astonishing 4 million copies of their breakthrough hit, "I Am the Best" since June 2011 and sold an astonishing 27 million digital downloads dating back to 2009.
Like Us on Facebook
2NE1 owes much of their success to effective commercial/product placement. Their first single "Lollipop" was featured on an LG Electronics cell phone commercial.
"Since it was a commercial, it was out there all over the place," outspoken 2NE1 diva CL tells Forbes. "That's why so many people got to know us real fast." (Forbes)
They also shared face time with American hip-hop star and style icon Nicki Minaj in a recent international Adidas ad.
2NE1 was compared to an Asian Lady Gaga when "I Am the Best," was featured on Fine Brothers YouTube series, "Kids React To..." This particular episode was "Kids React To K-Pop."
Though 2NE1 successfully sold out arenas on the East and West coast during the U.S. leg of their global tour, they still feel there's a better way to engage American audiences.
CL told Forbes about the New Jersey show, "I mean, everyone sang along in Korean, but I thought it would be much better if we could do it in English, when everyone could actually connect to the lyrics." (Forbes)
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK