1211 Brings Film Scores to Life During SXSW
1211 will join acclaimed performers Glen Phillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket), Ed Kowalczyk (LIVE), and Chris Pierce for "A Night of Film, Music, and Inspiration" to be held during SXSW 2013 and Music Week March 12 at Austin's Zilker Hillside Theater. Benefitting World Vision, "A Night of Film, Music, and Inspiration" will be open to both SXSW attendees and the general public.
SXSW is a set of film, interactive and music festivals and conferences that take place annually in Austin, along with Music Week. The largest music festival of its kind in the world, SXSW has more than 2500 "official" performers/bands playing in more than 100 venues, before more than 30,000 attendees.
Presented by Creative Arts Group (CAG), "A Night of Film, Music, and Inspiration" will feature live score performances of three films: Journey to Jamaa directed by Michael Landon Jr.; Trade In Hope: Complicit directed by Michele Nehme; and Just Love: The Story of Donny Hathaway. The event will be held 4:30-10:00 pm.
1211 is a collection of artists, songwriters and performers who share a past of brokenness. Each a worship leader in their own right, the 12 unique artists who comprise the group use their musical gifts to testify to the redemption and grace they have experienced. Among other notable performers, the group includes Sergio Andrade, founding member of Lifehouse; Ramy Antoun, whose credits include the Black Eyed Peas and Seal; Matt Wiley, former touring musician with Miranda Lambert; Orhan Celebi, performer with The Berlin Symphony; and Monique French, whose stage appearances have included The Eugene O'Neill Theater Center.
Like Us on Facebook
- Cancer Survivor Tracy Randall Joins Philadelphia's "Faith Against Cancer" Gospel Concert
- Lisa Page Brooks Meets Stroke Survivor in Baltimore, MD
- Christian Singer Carman Has Successful Kickstarter and Announces 24 State, 60 City Tour!
- Chris Tomlin Tour Hits The Road with the Burning Lights Tour and Live Concert DVD
- Michael W. Smith Announces 2014 “Michael W. Smith & Friends Cruise” To Alaska
- Holly Starr's 'Don't Have Love' Surpasses 500,000 Youtube Views
- New Artist Julie Elias Set To Perform At LifeLight Festival Memorial Day Weekend
- Christian Musician Summit Launches New Retail Website for Church Musicians
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jeremiah Jones Talks About Laura Story's Hit Song, His New Album and Song Writing
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK