10 Free iPhone Apps You Should Have
As a new iPhone user I learned first hand, the App Store can be a bit overwhelming, and sometimes expensive. Here's a list of 10 great (and free) iPhone apps.
For iPhone users that don't have the patience for the flimsy Apple Maps feature in iOS 6, Google Maps, may be the most important free app to download. It includes turn-by-turn voice navigation and even subway directions.
Though you can't set Chrome as your default browser, it's still worth the download. You can sync open pages and bookmarks with your Apple devices. Easy interface, and stacked tabs.
Like Us on Facebook
Yes it's just a memo app, but has a very intuitive and functional interface. It syncs everything to the cloud, making it intellectually portable. Though it's free, serious Evernote users may want to check out premium accounts.
This app needs no introduction. Still preferred on a desktop, the Facebook app is still much better than the phone-browser version. Great way to share and chat with friends on the go.
Find My iPhone
Worried about losing all of your precious info on your iPhone. Now you don't have to. With the Find My iPhone app activated you can track your lost or stolen iOS device. Lost Mode for iOS 6 even lets you lock your phone with a 4-digit password from afar.
Are you a multi-media editing machine? Dropbox is a great way to pass large files between friends and coworkers. Giving you 2 GB for free when you sign up, premium accounts give you the option of extra storage.
There's a number of online radio apps for the iPhone such as Pandora, and TuneIn Radio. Songza is fun because if picks songs and play lists according to your mood. The best part...no ads. Take that Pandora.
New to town? Looking for a good Italian restaurant or a local art museum? Yelp is a free resource for finding restaurants, retail stores and other places in your area. Plenty of user reviews and helpful tips to navigate an unfamiliar place.
Any app that helps you stay in shape is worth the download. RunKeeper tracks runs, bike rides and other activities. GPS-enabled, RunKeeper has built-in tips and keeps track of calories burned and total distance traveled.
As you might imagine, this is the official ESPN app that keeps track of all game scores for all main sports. If you can't find a TV while your team is playing log in to ScoreCenter for updates and the ability to watch live Gamecasts.
- The Perry's Tracy Stuffle Latest Medical Update and Recovery Process
- Chris Tomlin 'Burning Lights' Tour to Have Second Leg This Fall 2013, See Full Dates Here (VIDEO)
- 1 Girl Nation (1GN) Joins Reunion Records And Announces Debut, Self-Titled Release Due August 20
- Plumb Travels to Brooklyn to Experience the Work of Metro World Child
- Tracy Stuffle Medical Update, The Perry's Singer, Having Rough Week in Hospital, Prayers Needed
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Audio Adrenaline on Red Carpet at K-Love Awards (VIDEO)
- Grammy and Dove Award Nominated Recording Artist Mr. Del, Celebrates Highly Anticipated Project FAITH WALKA
- Matthew West to Perform at First-Ever Sunday Morning at CMA Fest
- GAYE ARBUCKLE Releases HOLY
- Red Roots to appear on The American Bible Challenge on GSN
- Second Edition Of Dr. Michael Milton's SILENT NO MORE Releases Amid High-Profile Accolades
- Mars Hill Music's Citizens Releases Self-Titled LP
- All Sons & Daughters Release First Live CD/DVD April 23
- Josh Wilson Releases His Most Personal Record To Date, 'Carry Me,' On Apr. 9
- KEITH ELGIN RELEASES AWARD-WINNING SINGLE TO RADIO
- Darlene Zschech, To Declare The Truth of God - Revealing Jesus, by Melissa Riddle Chalos
- A Father’s Day Exclusive Interview: Singer/songwriter Todd MacDonald’ Dad Talks about His Son, Death and Being a Dad
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave Speaks on K-Love Fan Nominations, Their Hit Song "Redeemed" & New Music on the Way
- Interview: Bryan Duncan Talks About His New Album "Conversations."
Get the latest news from BC in your inbox
- THIS WEEK