Save the City Records has announced that Dove Award winner Rachael Lampa
has been added to the lineup for the launch of the Soul Shine Tour Friday, July 30 at 7:30 p.m. PT at the Experience Music Project (EMP) in Seattle, Wash. Also featuring Dove Award winner Mr. Talkbox (tobyMac, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys), Grammy-nominated vocalist Kevin "KT" Thornton (Color Me Badd) and popular West Coast rapper Benjiman (Kutless), the Soul Shine Tour promises to be a compelling Rap/R&B musical experience that will appeal to both mainstream and Christian urban music fans.
"This is going to be an exciting concert — come and see Rachael Lampa
, along with the guys who put some flava in tobyMac, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Kutless, and Color Me Badd in one of Seattle's most exclusive music venues!" says Derek Hoiem, President of Save the City Records.
The Soul Shine Tour is co-sponsored by the Luis Palau Creative Arts Alliance, and a portion of merchandise sales at the event will go to support humanitarian causes in Africa through the Luis Palau Association (www.palau.org).
Tickets for the event are $17.50 each, with a small number of VIP passes still available. Each VIP package includes a concert ticket, a signed CD set, and a ticket to the After Party in the Experience Music Project "Blue Lounge," where fans will meet and take photos with the artists, the Luis Palau staff, and other Save the City Records artists. VIP packages are $99 each, which includes a $50 tax-deductible donation to the Luis Palau Association.
There will be a text message contest during the concert to win a pair of VIP passes to the After Party and a chance to win a guitar signed by Mr. Talkbox, Kevin Thorton and Benjiman. The proceeds of the text message contest will go directly to the Luis Palau Association.
About the artists:
• Dove Award-winner Rachael Lampa
- Singer/songwriter with four #1 singles to her credit, named the #1 Young New Female Singer by CCM Magazine, and has appeared on numerous TV shows, including "The Tonight Show" and "The View." For more information about Rachael Lampa, visit RachaelLampa.com.
• Dove Award winner Mr. Talkbox (Byron Chambers) - Solo artist, keyboards and talkbox for multi-Platinum artists tobyMac
, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears and more. For more information about Mr. Talkbox, visit mrtalkbox.com.
• Grammy nominee Kevin ("KT") Thornton - Vocalist for the award winning, Grammy-nominated, Platinum-selling '90s mega-group Color Me Badd. After accepting Christ, Thornton moved into a unique ministry that combines his musical talents with his gift of evangelism and preaching the Word...powerful tools for reaching out to both youth and adults with the life-changing message of the Gospel. For more information about Kevin ("KT") Thornton, visit kevinthornton.com.
• Benjiman - Solo artist and rapper for the multi-Platinum band Kutless. For more information about Benjiman, visit myspace.com/benjimanactivate.
The Experience Music Project (EMP) is located beneath the Space Needle in downtown Seattle. For more information about EMP, visit empsfm.org.
For more information on The Soul Shine Tour, visit savethecityrecords.com.